Scott Appell, MD
Scott Appell, MD is the Director of Adult Reconstruction at Grandview Hospital and a founding member of the Anterior Hip Foundation. He specializes in anterior hip replacement, outpatient joint replacement, total knee replacement, partial knee replacement, and total shoulder replacement. His goal is to provide individualized treatment for each patient in a caring and knowledgeable environment, with a particular focus on patient education to enhance patient experience and provide superior outcomes.
Dr. Appell received his bachelor’s degree from the University of Florida and completed his medical degree at the University of Florida Medical School. He then went on to complete a General Surgery internship and residencies in Orthopedic Surgery and Microvascular Surgery at the University of Alabama Medical Center. He trained and practiced with world-renowned joint surgeon Dr. John Cuckler.
Dr. Appell was selected as a Top Doctor in 2020 and participates in golf charity events, does work with Mitchell’s Place, and serves on the Board for Positive Maturity. He does consulting work for Zimmer Biomet, Depuy, and Exactech, including working on the development of a navigation system and serving as early evaluator for implants. In his spare time, he enjoys playing golf and watching college football and basketball. He is a fan of the Florida Gators.
- Undergraduate: University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Medical: University of Florida Medical School, Gainesville, FL
- General Surgery Internship: University of Alabama Medical Center, Birmingham, AL
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: University of Alabama Medical Center, Birmingham, AL
- Microvascular Surgery Residency: University of Alabama Medical Center, Birmingham, AL
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery